Pakistan Taekwondo Federation with the kind support of Omar Associates, AF Powertek Engineering FZC, Fauji Fertilizer Bin Qasim Ltd, NLC and Korean Embassy, Islamabad successfully organized the 14th edition of Korean Ambassador National Taekwondo Championship from 19 to 23 December, 2019 at Amir Khan Boxing Hall, Pakistan Sports Board, Islamabad.
This event featured teams from all of the country belonging to different provinces, departments and services, which included: Gilgit Baltistan, Azad Jammu and Kashmir, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Sindh Pakistan Army, Navy, Air Force, WAPDA and Islamabad.
Army claimed 16 gold, 07 silver and 06 bronze medals, accumulating a total of 580 points to be crowned the champions. They were followed on the runner up spot by WAPDA athletes, who amassed 345 points while collecting 03 gold, 10 silver and 12 bronze medals. Pakistan Air Force gained a total of 206 points to settle for the third position with 02 gold, 04 silver and 10 bronze medals.
Shahzaib from Pakistan Air Force was declared BEST ATHLETE of the event and was awarded with Rs 50,000/- worth of cash prize. Miss Saba Shamim Akhtar, president PTF Women Wing, also awarded Rs. 20,000/- to Haroon and Shahzaib on their outstanding performance throughout the championship.
|1. Pakistan Army 1st position:
16 x Gold, 7
Silver & 6
(Total 580 Points)
|2. Pakistan WAPDA 2nd position:
3 x Gold,
10 x Silver
12 x Bronze Medals
(Total 345 Points)
|3. Pakistan Air Force 3rd position:
2 x Gold,
4 x Silver
10 x Bronze Medals
(Total 206 points)
- Pakistan KPK 1st position: 2 x Gold, 2 x Silver & 1 x Bronze Medal (Total 60 Points)
- Pakistan Sindh 2nd position: 2 x Gold and 1 x Silver Medals (Total 40 Points)
- Pakistan Air Force 3rd position: 3 x Silver and 2 x Bronze Medals (Total 40 points)
- Islamabad 1st position: 1 x Gold, 4 x Silver & 2 x Bronze Medal (Total 67 Points)
- Pakistan Air Force 2nd position: 1 x Gold, 1 x Silver & 3 x Bronze Medals (Total 41 Points)
- Sindh 3rd position: 1 x Gold, 1 x Silver and 2 x Bronze Medals (Total 35 points)